Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pecan Sticky Buns~ BWJ

While I have made an attempt to bake with you this week, I am unable to eat these yummy smelling, still in the oven as I write this, Sticky Buns until Saturday. So, my children and their teachers will get to try these out tomorrow and tell me what they think.



I made a lot of changes to this one. My sticky buns are more like cinnamon rolls. I eliminated the "sticky topping" and plan to put a powdered sugar drizzle for tomorrow, and a cream cheese frosting on my Saturday delight. I changed the filling to incorporate the 1 cup of brown sugar, I upped the cinnamon to 1/2 a tablespoon, and used 1 stick of butter instead of two. I'm just not a nuts in my dessert girl. For me, it ruins my carrot cake, turtle cheesecake would be great without those darned pecans, fruit breads are so much better without nuts, and probably anything else baked. Candy bars, however, rock the nuts! I am not at all a nut hater. Quite the opposite. I can snack on almonds and cashews all day. Just keep them out of my desserts.


Hopefully tomorrow my children will consider them edible. I'm fairly certain they will. Who doesn't like a cinnamon roll, er...um, I mean Sticky Bun minus the pecans! Check out the original recipes~ here is Lynn's post and here is Nicole's post.


Finally done and out of the oven long enough to not completely melt the topping. Boy, would I like to shove it in my mouth right now!

1 comment:

  1. We went "nut free" as well. I like the idea of a cream cheese frosting. Yum

    ReplyDelete